Monday, January 16, 2006

Toilets: A Musing


I am always fascinated by the toilets in Europe. Each one has two buttons that you can use to flush; one indicating that it spills more water than the other (clearly an attempt to preserve water from being wasted). Why have I never seen this flushing system in North America??


Although the porcelain throne may vary slightly in size and shape in the US, the variations I saw during my trip to Italy were shocking. For example, I went into a café restroom one night and was confronted with a model that was barely lifted two inches off of the floor! Alan commented that he feared for me after using it himself.


During my two week stay, every trip to the lady’s was an adventure.
I can only imagin what toilets are like in less westernized countries.

3 comments:

X said...

Welcome back!

All I can say is the Indian Airport in Dehli.

I got there and I saw stalls. Which was reassuring since my grandmother warned me about holes in the ground.

Open the stall and what do I find?

Hole [surrounded by tile] in the ground.

Alan said...

This is so cofee-table book worthy it's not even funny

Alan said...

coffee*