The Shopping Situation, in New York
Before my trip, almost everybody told me that the shopping in New York is fabulous, and that I should take an extra suitcase with me for all the wonderful things I was going to buy and bring back. To be honest, there were a lot of shops in New York. Unfortunately I found them to be, for the most part, the same shops that I can find in the shopping mall less than 3 miles away from where I live in California. There were plenty of exclusive designer stores in New York, which had superfluous attires I would love to own. But, these exclusive designer boutiques were so far out of my price range (or any normal person's price range) to seriously consider as anything other than a museum. At the end of my trip I was convinced that the Museum-Situation was much more interesting and exhaustive than the Shopping-Situation in the Big Apple.
In terms of shopping around the touristy places, do not even bother! I do not understand why there were so many people in a frenzy to shop around Times Square. I thought almost everything in Times Square was overpriced and overcrowded with people. Plus, you could find the same stores, empty of crowds, just a few blocks away from Times Square. In any case, I can assure you that you would be able to find anything you would like to purchase in the stores around Times Square online, for cheaper.
No comments:
Post a Comment