Fun Times

A couple of weekends ago, Dad, Karen, Alan and I went on a Napa River cruise boat, which concluded in a wonderful lunch and wine tasting at the Acacia winery in Carneros. The river cruise was amazingly relaxing and peaceful. We had a great captain who pointed out marshlands, birds, local history and future Napa River projects as we joyfully wondered along. It was great to see Napa from such a different perspective. The following lunch at Acacia was hardy and delicious; it featured cold slaw, sweet corn on the cob, heirloom beans and a wine-infused peach-biscotti dessert. And, the wine... Well, lets just say that I fell in love with the Acacia 2007 Chardonnay. I usually don't even like Chardonnays. (Dad got me a bottle of it. Yay!)

Our boat was the maroon one.

After exiting the Acacia winery the four of us decided to visit Bouchaine, Dad and Karen's favorite winery. At Bouchaine the wine was delicious, the pours were generous and the surroundings were to die for. I love visiting the wine country.

Bouchaine has a Horse Shoe game for visitors to play.

No comments:
Post a Comment