Friday, December 08, 2006

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Christmas Is Almost Here!!! Although I hate the fact that I feel obligated to buy people gifts in order to demonstrate that I care about them, that I despise how stores take advantage of my vulnerability to the word "Discount", and that I enjoy Christmas foods TOO much to be healthy (like EggNog; I could drink a liter a day) I still manage to enjoy Christmas and I always get a little extra giddy inside when this time of year approaches.

Also, I must brag about my boyfriend, who is taking me on a super secret and romantic getaway for the New Year. I don't know where he is taking me, except for the following facts:

- It is not located in the Continental US, or Canada.
- There will be a fabulous New Year's Party, for which I am going to get to wear a pretty dress.

I am actually pretty impressed that he has been able to keep the location secret from me for more than a month now, despite my constant prying. Can YOU guess where we will be?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg! that's so exciting ... I want to hear all about it!!! My guess is ... FINLAND because he knows how you feel about PROTO-FINNISH. Ha!!! No, just kidding. Finland would be miserable in the winter. I hope it's somewhere sunny and warm.

How are you doing??? I hope everything is well! I miss you!!

Love,
Laurel

MM said...

Awwe, Laurel! When will I see you again?

Anonymous said...

I might be in Stanford in July for the LSA summer institute?? You could always come out here!! :) When is the big Triad field trip to NYC???

siobhan said...

I'm going to (try to) go to the summer institute as well!!! Eee! The Triad!