Monday, September 25, 2006

NEW CAR

Yes, I purchased a car. Yes, I am debt for the rest of my 20’s. The following is a contrastive list of the benefits and the not so beneficial aspects of my recent consumer downfall:

Benefits

- I HAVE A BRAND NEW CAR. Toyota Corolla 2007. This means that for the rest of this year, I have the car of the "future"… and for all of next year I will have the car of the year. Yay!
- The car will last a long, long time. It is Silver and Pretty.
-I bought the car in my town, which means all the taxes from my purchase will go to the schools of my area.
- Alan was able to negotiate a really good price for me.

Not so beneficial

- I have car payments. Ohh Lord. Car payments. And I am poor, so poor for the next couple of months. Not to mention that my insurance has more than tripled.
- I am paranoid that some stupid-freak accident will happen and total my car again. (Like with the Nissan).
- It was really sad how I got treated at the car dealership (Not sad for me, but for the misogynists jerks who work there). Nobody even spoke with me; they all spoke with Alan. I did not exist. Alan kept pointing out that I was the person buying the car… I had never felt discriminated against, due to my gender, until I bought this car.

All in all, I am happy with my purchase. I will post a picture of it shortly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Hooray for your brand new car! I predict many happy years of safe accident free future for the new car. Good for you!!

siobhan said...

Congratulations!!! But didn't you get tons of crazy money from the idiot who totaled your car's insurance company??? Shouldn't that have put you in the clear for the rest of your life?

As for your debt, welcome to the club.